Walk For Dog Guides
Join us on Sunday, May 27th at Alexandra Park in Strathroy. Registration is at 12:00 noon. The walk starts at 12:30.
This event is to raise funds for breeding and raising puppies, training dog guides in six specialties, and to train the human clients to work and live with their dog partner.
Bring or borrow a dog, carry a stuffed animal, pretend you have a dog, drag an empty leash, ask a friend to join you, get sponsors, but please join us on May 27th!!!
Click & hold, then drag the registration form to your desktop. Print it, get sponsors, collect their donations, bring the form and money with you on May 27th!!!!
Please let us introduce you to “Holden” and Kimberley, our first team sponsored by Strathroy – Caradoc Lions. ..
Lions Club of Strathroy – Caradoc
“Men, Women and Families – Together We Serve!”
We received our Charter in December of 2009, and are a “new” club in our community.
Our members are a wonderful mix of men and women, youth and ‘experienced’, singles, and families. We share a core belief – that we will have fun together helping our community become its best. We help where help is needed and we are able. In short,We Serve.
Here are some of the things our club does:
- Collect and recycle used eyeglasses;
- Collect and recycle used hearing aids;
- Collect and recycle used printer cartridges;
- Do facility maintenance such as painting playground equipment at the skateboard park, painting the bridge across to Alexandra Park from Frank Street;
- Organize an annual Tree of Lightfundraising project toward the purchase of things such as an Ophthalmology Chair in the emergency room at the Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital, racks to lock your bicycle to in the downtown core, wheelchair accessible picnic tables in local parks, 19 metal benches in the downtown core and at the hospital;
- Conduct an annual “Purina Walk for Dog Guides” (Aug. 29, 2015)
- Run a “Back-to-School” draw for gift cards redeemable at Giant Tiger stores;
- Host students from other countries – Lions International Youth Exchange.
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming projector join our Lions Club, you can review our Membership Brochure and then contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call Lion Gary at 519- 246-6280
- Email one of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our monthly membership meetings to learn more about our group (See Map/ Close Up links)
You can discover the latest events in Ontario District A-1 by clicking on this link: www.a1lions.ca