Winner of Catch the Ace 2018
We are looking for sponsors for One Commemorative Banner with their matching Bronze Plaques all others have been sold!
In the photos slider below you will see that the 1st image is a sample banner. The 2nd image is the pricing description.
[There is a 15 second delay for each image. Click the white arrows to move right or left faster. Hold the mouse over an image to hold its position. If you click & hold your mouse on an image, you can then drag that image to your desktop to enlarge, save, print, etc. the image.]
The next image is the actual photo of the matching plaques of the one banner for which we are seeking sponsors. The Strathroy – Caradoc Lions have pre-paid for the plaques so that all 46 plaques could be all installed on the Cenotaph at the same time. As a sponsor, your $875 pays for a new banner to be manufactured, and to compensate the Club for its pre-payment of the plaque.
The plaque image, matching a battalion, that you want to sponsor, then imagine the battalion image on that plaque being printed in the centre circle of the sample bannerin the place of the one there. Also, at the bottom of the banner, your sponsorship name would be printed instead of the sample business.
To become a sponsor, and get more details, please contact Mariette or Butch Desjardine at:
———————————————————————————–“Men, Women and Families – Together We Serve!” We received our Charter in December of 2009, and are a “new” club in our community.
Our members are a wonderful mix of men and women, youth and ‘experienced’, singles, and families. We share a core belief – that we will have fun together helping our community become its best. We help where help is needed and we are able. In short,We Serve.Here are some of the things our club does:
- Collect and recycle used eyeglasses;
- Collect and recycle used hearing aids;
- Do facility maintenance such as painting playground equipment at the skateboard park, painting the bridge across to Alexandra Park from Frank Street;
- Organize an annual Tree of Lightcommunity social activity at the Town Hall, last Friday evening each November, with hot chocolate, choral singing, local choirs, Santa (?)
- Purchased an Ophthalmology Chair in the emergency room at the Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital:
- Installed racks to lock your bicycle to in the downtown core, wheelchair accessible picnic tables in local parks, 19 metal benches in the downtown core and at the hospital;
- Installed Veterans memorial Way bronze plaques at renovated cenotaph;
- Installing metal pole banners on utility poles along Frank and Metcalfe Streets to the cemetery;
- Installed and monitor the growth of 3 ‘Vimy Oaks’ at the cemetery in memory of local veterans;
- Conduct an annual “petvalu Walk for Dog Guides”;
- Sponsored a vision-assist dog to a Lions Foundation Canada client in Aylmer;
- Run a “Back-to-School” draw for gift cards redeemable at Giant Tiger stores;
- Regular financial support to local Women’s Rural Resource Centre, V.O.N., Salvation Army;
- Host students from other countries – Lions International Youth Exchange.
- Call Lion Gary at 519- 246-6280
- Email one of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our monthly membership meetings to learn more about our group (See Map/ Close Up links)