Lions Club of Strathroy – Caradoc
“Men, Women and Families – Together We Serve!”
We received our Charter in December of 2009, and are a “new” club in our community.
Our members are a wonderful mix of men and women, youth and ‘experienced’, singles and families. We share a core belief – that we will have fun together helping our community become its best. We help where help is needed and we are able. In short, We Serve.
Here are some of the things our club does:
- Collect and recycle used eyeglasses;
- Collect and recycle used hearing aids;
- Collect and recycle used printer cartridges;
- Do facility maintenance such as: painting play ground equipment at the skateboard park, painting the bridge across to Alexandra Park from Frank Street;
- Organize an annual Tree of Light fund raising project toward purchase of things such as: an Ophthalmology Chair in the emergency room at the Strathroy Middlesex General Hospital, racks to lock your bicycle to in the downtown core, wheelchair accessible picnic tables in local parks, 19 metal benches in downtown core and at hospital;
- Conduct an annual “Purina Walk for Dog Guides” (Aug. 29, 2015)
- Run a “Back-to-School” draw for gift cards redeemable at Giant Tiger stores;
- Host students from other countries – Lions International Youth Exchange.
If you (or your friends or family members) would like to become involved in an upcoming project, or join our Lions Club, you can review our Membership Brochure and then contact us in one of these three ways:
- Call Lion Gary at 519- 246-6280
- Email one of our Club Officers and request more information
- Attend one of our monthly membership meetings to learn more about our group (See Map/ Close Up links)
You can discover the latest events in Ontario District A-1 by clicking on this link: www.a1lions.ca